Unless LDA, Mountain or GMA schedule dates for CAR Workshops today, I suggest that we hold a CAR workshop at Region at Noon on the 3rd Sunday of February – Feb. 16th.
Conference Agenda Report (CAR) and CAR Workshops
The CAR was released a day early on November 25, and I have run copies for the areas. It turned out to be more pages than I had originally planned for (137 once I eliminated all blank pages).
The CAR is available for download online at na.org/conference
Morongo Basin and Southwest have both booked CAR Workshops. No others areas have spoken with me.
AVAILABLE DATES: Dec 15, 28-29 • Jan 4 or 12 • Feb 15, 22-23, 29 • Mar 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29
BOOKED DATES: Sat, Jan 11 – Morongo Basin • Sun, Feb 9 – Southwest
An online version of the survey included in the CAR is available until April 1, 2020 for anyone who wishes to participate. This survey includes:
- Direction for potential new literature projects (including no new projects)
- Direction to revise existing literature (including no revisions)
- Service Material topics (to be written by the World Board)
- Issue Discussion Topics (IDT’s) for 2020 to 2022.
The Survey is available for any who want to participate at na.org/survey then click “Online Survey”
World Service Conference
I have registered for the World Service Conference and am prepared to be on-site at the Conference from Friday, April 24th through Sunday May 3rd. Stephen will be registering as well, and his share of the room will be $83.81 per night for 9 nights for a total of $754.29 which will need to be paid upon arrival at the hotel. (NAWS covers the cost of our Regional Delegate for the conference).
I have a Regional Report Form for the WSC which we will need to take the time to complete. Regional Reports are due by February 15, 2020.
Some of the questions from this report will need information from the areas which includes:
___________ How many weekly groups in your area?
___________ How many weekly meetings in your area?
___________ How many monthly H&I panels in your area?
Western States Zonal Forum
As I reported previously, our room is booked for Thursday, January 23 through Sunday, January 26, 2020 for the WSZF in Las Vegas. We will each need $38 in addition to our standard per-diem to cover WSZF-related events. I will be submitting a funds request next month.
Each WSZF attempts to incorporate some Fellowship Development, and for this one we are slated to travel to Sant George, Utah Thursday evening to participate in a fellowship development workshop.
I am also requesting that we again donate $300 to the WSZF to offset our fair share of yearly expenses. These expenses include the WSZF web site, our communication platform, and the facilitators for our WSZF meeting.
WSC Participants Web Meeting
Our next meeting is 11am Saturday, December 7th. It is very likely that we will be discussing the CAR.
Spiritual Principle a Day Book Project
- Participate in writing content for the Spiritual Principle a Day book at na.org/spad
- The next round of review materials is available, and feedback is due by March 1, 2020.
Budget and Expenses
I spent $659.03 for 150 copies of the CAR and will be submitting a check request for reimbursement today. With this expense I will have spent $1424.10 of my $1492.38 Budget for 2019.
RD Calendar – Upcoming Dates
- December 7 – WSC Participant Web Meeting
- January 23-26, 2020 – WSZF in Las Vegas
- January 26, 2020 – CAT Available
- February 15, 2020 – Regional Report Due
- February 15, 2020 – WSC Participant Web Mtg.
- March 1, 2020 – SPAD Round 2, Feedback Due
- March 28, 2020 – WSC Participant Orientation
- April 1, 2020 – Last day for CAR Survey
- April 26 – May 2, 2020 – World Service Conference in Woodland Hills
Feel free to contact me, Mike C., at firstname.lastname@example.org