I hope everyone had the opportunity to experience World Unity Day with
a moment of silence and then a Serenity Prayer with our Worldwide fellowship at 10:00am yesterday. It can be a moving experience.
2020 Virtual World Service Conference (WSC)
The second part of the virtual WSC was held August 7-9. We closed half a day early. I and others pushed as hard as we could to take time to address the other motions from the CAR before closing the 2020 WSC, but it was not meant to happen this session. Motions not addressed will have the option to be rolled over into the 2020 CAR with or without amendments.
The following business was conducted at part 2 of the Virtual WSC: (only Passed motions are included)
- Motion #2 – To approve the IP contained in Addendum A, “Mental Health in Recovery,” as Fellowship‐approved recovery literature. – Passed 104/0/0/1 (yes/no/abstain/present not voting)
- Motion #5 – To approve the initiation of the established process to revise the Fellowship Intellectual Property Trust in the 2020–2022 Conference cycle. – Passed 98/5/2/3
- Motion #9 – To direct the World Board to create a project plan for WSC 2022 to create a new IP for women in recovery. – Passed 91/20/2/2
- Motion #10 – To direct the World Board to create a project plan for consideration at WSC 2022 to create a guide for online meetings. – Passed 109/1/2/2
- Motion #15 – Instruct the World Board to develop a project plan for the 2022 World Service Conference (WSC) to produce an informative video about Narcotics Anonymous, for Public Relations services [committees] and online publication, approved by NAWS, where it is briefly explained: 1. What is Narcotics Anonymous, 2. How it Works, 3. How to contact NA – Passed100/12/1/15
- Motion #26 – To seat the Minas Region – Passed 111/6/4/3
- Motion #27 – To seat the North‐West Russia Region – Passed 109/6/3/5
- Motion #28 – To pause zonal seating by not considering seating requests from zones formed after WSC 2018 until after zonal seating criteria or a process for zonal seating is established by the WSC. – Passed 98/20/8/3
- Motion #29 – To approve the proposed changes to A Guide to World Services in NA as provided in the 2020 CAT and indicated in red. – Passed 104/10/7/4
- Motion #30 – To approve the proposed changes to A Guide to World Services in NA as provided in the 2020 CAT and indicated in red and highlighted. – Passed 111/4/3/5
- Motion #31 – To adopt the 2020–2022 Reimbursement Policy. – Passed 113/3/4/3
- Motion #34 – Acting as the trustor, the delegates present at the virtual WSC 2020, are continuing the suspension of Article 5, Section 3 of the FIPT Operational Rules, while we make a decision about the future. This suspension will expire at the close of WSC 2022 – Passed 91/12/2/4
- Motion #35 – To approve the minutes from WSC 2018. – Passed 98/4/5/12
- Motion #36 – To adopt, for part 2 of WSC 2020 only, the approaches to discussion and decision-making described in the following pages. [as posted on na.org] – Passed 120/0/0/1
- Motion #37 as amended – Posting the results of the final epoll on na.org will adjourn WSC 2020. With the maker’s permission, the remaining CAR motions from the 2020 cycle will be included in the 2022 CAR. – Passed 115/7/2/1
- Motion #37a-1 – The following to be added at the end of motion 37: with the maker’s permission, the remaining CAR motions from the 2020 cycle will be included in the 2022 CAR. – Passed 100/20/1/1
My full report of motions from part 2 of the Virtual WSC is available at cirna.org/wsc-updates
Audio translations of the Basic Text into other languages are being made available on NA.org for free as they are completed. Currently, Arabic, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish and Thai audio files are available. https://www.na.org/?ID=bt-aud
Western States Zonal Forum (WSZF)
No host or date has been set for the 2021 WSZF, and it is quite possible that the Forum will be held virtually this coming year or not at all. Currently no Regions have stepped forward with a firm bid to host the WSZF. We are discussing holding a virtual meeting of the Zone on Sunday, October 11th.
Western Service Learning Days (WSLD)
While the in-person WSLD has been cancelled for 2020, a Virtual WSLD is being planned for November 20-22. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Budget and Expenses
I had no new expenses and have spent $1299.46 of my $1536.41 budget.
RD Calendar – Upcoming Dates
- World Convention September 9-12, 2021
- Virtual WSLD November 20-22, 2020
- Sponsorship Day December 1, 2020
Feel free to contact me, Mike C., at firstname.lastname@example.org