October 5th marks the 66th Anniversary of the first Narcotics Anonymous Meeting. Imagine if those members could see us now…
It’s time to schedule the CAR Workshop in your area. I strongly suggest a date no later than February so there is enough time for your groups to discuss and vote. Please allow at least 2 hours for the CAR workshop.
AVAILABLE DATES: Dec 14-15, 28-29 • Jan 4 or 12 • Feb 15-16. 22-23. 29 • Mar 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29
BOOKED DATES: Sat, Jan 11 – Morongo Basin • Sun, Feb 9 – Southwest
Conference Agenda Report (CAR)
The Conference Agenda Report (CAR) will be released by November 26th.
- There are 11 Regional Motions (including CIRNA’s) – There were originally 25 Regional motions, of which 12 were withdrawn for a variety of reasons and 2 didn’t make the deadline for edits.
- There are 3 Motions from the World Board (WB) regarding changes to the FIPT and FIPT-related materials
- The Mental Health/Mental Illness IP will be presented for approval
- There will be at least 1 more Motion from the WB regarding long-term goals (see below)
NAWS 2017-18 Annual Report
The latest NAWS Annual Report has been released and is available on na.org I also have a hard copy that I will pass around for anyone interested in looking at it. It includes financials for the 2017-2018 fiscal year, donations received (including a cumulative $2609.26 from CIRNA and groups, individuals and service bodies within CIRNA), independent audit report, and a range of other information. Just one excerpt from the report:
- NA has over 70,000 weekly meetings in 144 countries
The next Annual Report should be released at or before the World Service Conference next year.
WSC Participants Web Meeting
Our meeting was today, October 5th – 11am to 12:30pm. Next meeting is 11am December 7th.
Today’s meeting took a different format, in that we didn’t break off into smaller discussion groups at any point. There were 109 participants at the highest point – including the World Board and members from NAWS.
This first 2/3 of this meeting covered a wide range of information, including the CAR, Workgroups, FIPT, the new NAWS Annual Report, and more. The last third was question and answer, with each RD being asked to limit themselves to 1 question.
Spiritual Principle a Day Book Project
- Participate in writing content for the Spiritual Principle a Day book at na.org/spad
- The next round of review materials should be available in November
Budget and Expenses
I had no new expenses. To date, I have spent $765.07 of my $1492.38 Budget for 2019.
RD Calendar – Upcoming Dates
- November 26 – CAR Available
- December 1 – Sponsorship Day
- December 7 – WSC Participant Web Meeting
- January 23-26, 2020 – WSZF in Las Vegas
- January 26, 2020 – CAT Available
- April 26 – May 2, 2020 – World Service Conference
Feel free to contact me, Mike C., at email@example.com