2020 Virtual World Service Conference (WSC)
- The second part of the virtual WSC will be held August 7-9, with a second session August 28-30 if needed. As with last time, each day will consist of two daily sessions, 11am-1pm, and 2pm-4pm.
- Only specific items will be addressed:
- CAR Motions: 2, 5, 9, 10, 12, 15 and motion 34 to continue suspension of the FIPT inspection clause
- CAT Motions: 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31
- As with Part 1 of the WSC, I will be posting running updates as I am able at cirna.org/wsc-updates
The following results based on tallying the votes by Area as we have in previous Conference years.
The chart above shows the votes for each of the 3 Areas that submitted votes for the CAR, along with the vote count for each of those votes (e.g. 10/9 means 10 yes and 9 no). There were a nominal number of Abstentions and unless an Abstention was clearly indicated, blank or lined-through entries were not counted.
The boxed in Votes represent the only CAR motions we will be addressing at this session of the WSC.
On Motion 13, the result is a tie, and I am suggesting that we vote Present Not Voting on this item.
Upon request from Southwest Area, I attended their last ASC and made a brief presentation regarding the status of current legal actions against NAWS, including the petition which CIRNA received a copy of a number of months ago. The courts are in the process of reviewing NAWS’ Demur (a petition to dismiss the case), and both parties have been given directives to provide additional information.
Western States Zonal Forum (WSZF)
No host or date has been set for the 2021 WSZF, and it is quite possible that the Forum will be held virtually this coming year or not at all. Currently no Regions have stepped forward with a firm bid to host the WSZF.
Western Service Learning Days (WSLD)
The 2020 WSLD has been cancelled for this year and their schedule has been pushed out by one year.
Budget and Expenses
I had no new expenses and have spent $1299.46 of my $1536.41 budget.
World Unity Day
World Unity Day is September 5th. At 10am, please take a moment of silence for the addict who still suffers and then join the rest of our worldwide fellowship in the Serenity Prayer. (Please note I had the date wrong in last month’s RD Calendar.)
RD Calendar – Upcoming Dates
- August 7-9, Virutal WSC Part 2
- August 28-30, Virtual WSC Part 3 (if needed)
- September 5 – Unity Day (annual worldwide day)
- World Convention September 9-12, 2021
Feel free to contact me, Mike C., at firstname.lastname@example.org